What is Startupfest
Startupfest is the leading startup event in Canada. Founded in 2011, it has become the annual gathering at which entrepreneurs, investors, makers, large enterprises, industry veterans, and startup communities chart the course of technology entrepreneurship.
The unique, informal format, set in one of the world’s most iconic cities, tackles the entire lifecycle of new venture creation, from the spark of an idea to the final signature on acquisition or the ringing bell of an IPO. Attendees leave with four days of world-class content; fresh connections; back-of-the-napkin ideas; and the allure of champagne-popping exits.
The festival is more than just great content and global attendees, however. Over the years, we’ve earned a reputation for rethinking the standard event formats—from panels of Grandmother Judges, to Tent Villages that encourage networking around relevant themes, and elevator pitches in actual elevators, we combine aspirational keynotes with hands-on practicality and a healthy dose of irreverence.
See the Big Picture Agenda Here
Content Highlights – What we’re Looking Forward to in our 9th Edition
1. Deep-dive workshops. We’ve really doubled down on content this year that helps startups prepare for launch and for growth. To do this, we’re bringing in world-renowned experts and authors like: Cindy Alvarez (Lean Startup Series author and Principal product manager at Microsoft); globally recognized startup market strategy and positioning consultant/author, April Dunford; marketing guru and “challenger brand” expert Rahul Raj from 5&Vine; Fundraiser extraordinaire Jonathan Lowenhar (who has personally guided more than 50 fundraises in the last 2 years alone). That’s just a few of them.
2. Interactive sessions. One of the things that makes Startupfest unique is the open, interactive formats with speakers who are actually engaged and present with attendees. This year’s interactive sessions connect the thousands of founders who attend the event with global leaders in an open, Ask-Me-Anything setting. That means folks like Zola’s Shan-Lyn Ma; Lever’s Sarah Nahm; and Periscope Data’s Harry Glaser.
3. The amazing keynote lineup. This year, we have folks like Anil Dash (Glitch) and hashtag inventor Chris Messina—both pioneers in Internet culture. We also have several entrepreneurs focusing on content, given the burgeoning market for content-focused startups and exits in recent months. And of course, the people behind top-tier accelerators: Y Combinator’s Kat Manalac; STATION F’s Marwan Elfitesse; Alchemist’s Ravi Belani; and Techstars’ Managing Director Jenny Fielding. In fact, this is the best lineup of accelerators and institutional investors we’ve ever had.
Canada’s leading startup event blends world-class content, hands-on practicality, and a healthy dose of irreverence to help attendees from around the world chart the course of entrepreneurship.
Startupfest began when Montreal’s grass-roots startup event outgrew its humble beginnings. Founder, Philippe Telio, sought to make Montreal a global destination in all facets of entrepreneurship. The first event saw over 1,100 founders, funders, and businesses of all sizes attend.
Today, Startupfest is a nonprofit that continues to expand, bringing in over 6500 attendees and 150 speakers from dozens of countries around the world, and turning Montreal into the place to gather with the entirety of the tech community for one week every July.
- Startupfest’s Big Picture Agenda is out! Hope to see you July 9-12 in Montreal. See the agenda here.
- Canada’s leading #Startup event is back for year 9 this July. Hope to see you @startupfest!
- This years @Startupfest has $850k+ worth of prizes & investments for startups. We’ll be there July 9-12 in Montreal
- A global gathering of the world’s leading founders, funders, and more. @Startupfest- July 9-12, Montreal
- Have you seen the @Startupfest venue for 2019? Head over to https://startupfestival.com/venue/ for all the details about this year’s event being held July 9-12
- #VentureFest 2019 @Startupfest is for investors looking to learn from their peers, #FundingWorkshop can’t be missed! https://startupfestival.com/venturefest-2019/
- Introducing the #AcceleratorFest – a platform for Accelerator managers to connect with peers, ft. @rbelani, @jefielding. Apply now: https://startupfestival.com/apply-acceleratorfest/
- Excited to be partnering with @Startupfest on #FoundingWorkshop 2019. For founders past the initial seed round, #FoundingWorkshop can’t be missed! https://startupfestival.com/founding-workshop/
- The #FundingWorkshop – an opportunity to pitch to a room of VC’s eager to invest in the next great idea! https://startupfestival.com/funding-workshop/
Startupfest in the News
Large Vertical Logo
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org