“Défi Start-up Les Affaires” presented by the National Bank
For Startupfest’s 10th edition (at home!), the National Bank is making you benefit from the synergy of two of our partnerships. We invite you to participate in the “Défi Start-up Les Affaires” presented by the National Bank. The current context proves more than ever that Quebec will need visionary entrepreneurs to tackle tomorrow’s challenges. And that is why this year we are looking for the startup that will revolutionize the future.
Ten finalists will be selected by the jury.
- The jury will select a startup that will earn a coveted spot in the finals of Startupfest’s $100k Investment Prize.
- The jury will also select the winner of the “Défi Start-up” Grand Prize including:
- A $10,000 bursary from the National Bank, hours of consulting services with the National Bank partners Opério and Lex Start, a 12-month online mentoring subscription via the Réseau M and online training with La Factry.
- A special mention in an article on lesaffaires.com, a 12-month quarterly follow-up by a Les Affaires journalist, a $10,000 advertising credit on Les Affaires, a one-year digital subscription to Les Affaires worth $24.99 before taxes.
- A membership to the Junior Chamber of commerce of Montreal, 5 hours of personalized coaching from Nicolas Duvernois, personalized support in the form of a bank of 10 hours over 2 months from Mtl inc. using their team and their network of 450 coaches.
- The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive an initial mention in an article on lesaffaires.com, a one-year digital subscription to Les Affaires newspaper valued at $24.99 before taxes, a $5,000 advertising credit on the Les Affaires website and a membership to the Junior Chamber of commerce of Montreal.
This challenge is open to all entrepreneurs/startup companies, over the age of 18 and residing in Quebec.
- Registration period: From May 14 to May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Selection of finalists: June 1 to June 7, 2020
- Announcement of finalists: June 8, 2020
- People’s Choice: June 8 to June 25, 2020
- Virtual Final: June 25, 2020
- Pitch for Startupfest’s $100k Investment Prize finals: To be confirmed
You can take part in this challenge from home, virtually.
Applicants have until Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. to register and submit their company presentation video (pitch) of up to two minutes. The video must describe the business model, the relevance of offering the product or service and how it is revolutionary. They must upload their video to YouTube and send the link to the following email address email@example.com.
Deadline to submit a video: May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT THE “DÉFI START-UP”?
View this page (only available in French).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2020