The International Startup Festival is really all about startups.
You’ve probably already read all there is to read on running a lean startup, building your minimally viable product (MVP) and getting out of the building– but are you really doing it? If so, then the International Startup Festival is a fantastic place to show it off, launch your new service or product, and tell the world who you are and why your startup solves a big enough problem, or is just so interesting, useful and mind-blowing it simply can’t be ignored.
No matter what stage you’re at, the Festival will give you a chance to find, meet and connect with co-founders, mentors, advisors, and other startups to help supercharge your startup.
Feeling exceptionally brave/adventurous/foolish? Sign up to take part in our pitch competition. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
We’ve also got great media partners, and everyone attending is hyper-socially connected so if you’ve got a good story, Startup Festival is the ideal place to get it told.
Startupfest really is all about startups! This is why we offer startups all these great opportunities:
- Pitch Competition: Startupfest is once again holding a pitch competition! 12 lucky startups will be chosen to pitch on stage in front of peers, investors, mentors,media and judges, get great exposure and a chance to win an awesome prize. Think you have what it takes? Sign-up below.
- Pitch Tents: The elevator pitch competition is back – with a twist! This year we will be holding the competition outdoors during the Tent Expo. Six Pitch Tents will be spread out throughout the “campground” for anybody who’s brave enough to step up and try delivering the perfect 60-second pitch.
- Grandmother Judges: Grandmothers are wise, they’re smart and they always want what’s best. They’re also the fastest growing demographic rising in technology use which makes them great judges of startup success and a source of valuable feedback.
- Prizes: We’re currently putting together some amazing prizes for winners of Startupfest 2013. Keep an eye on this page for updates. Prizes last year included a $50K Investment Prize.
- Investors: Startupfest is a great place to meet new people and possible future business partners. People from all sides of the startup community join us to celebrate entrepreneurship, including investors. Who knows? You might find yourself having drinks with someone interested in funding your startup.
- Media: Startupfest gets media coverage in major newspapers, television and a plethora of industry blogs and websites. It’s a great place to show off your startup and get the exposure you crave.
- Demo Tables: For even more visibility at the Festival, Startupfest is selling demo tables for you to put your startup on display!
Need a place to showcase your startup, connect with investors, partners, and industry experts in Montreal this July? Be part of the action. We’re offering a limited number of demo tables at Startupfest, perfect for launching your product, showing off your technology, and meeting with the people who can transform your company.
Here’s what’s included:
- Space to show off your stuff. A 2′x2′ tabletop located in the heart of the action.
- Access to the Festival. All exhibitors also receive two all-access passes to the event, so you won’t miss any of the action.
There are only a few exhibitor spots available (16-20) in the packed venue, and attendees are coming from all around the world to see what you’ve got to offer. We’re giving priority to new startups and early-stage companies who can expand our horizons and demonstrate the truly revolutionary. As a result, we’re keeping the price so low it’s accessible to even the leanest of startups and fledgling ventures.
Each spot is available for $1,750 CAD (includes 2 passes for the event). Book your demo table now!
Demo Table info
Table, power and materials
You are provided with a 2′x2′ high bar table and electricity.
This is a “table top” / demo area, not a formal trade show.
Bringing a portable computer or tablet is ideal.
Wi-Fi will be available on a “best effort” basis, we cannot guarantee it. Plan your own wireless connection.
You are required to staff your table when Festival participants are “free” : that is during breaks, lunches, dinners and during the Tent Expo.
Of course, you are encouraged to staff your demo table throughout the event.
Setup and wrap-up
We ask you to come and setup on Wednesday July 10th starting at 4 pm to be ready for registration opening time. (5 pm)
You can wrap-up Friday after the Festival will have closed (around 12:30).
Apply to Pitch
Think you’ve got what it takes to take your startup from a drunken scrawl on the back of a napkin to a world-beating empire worth billions? International Startup Festival is your chance to take a shot and get your startup out in front of real people. Use the nomination form to be one of 12 startups selected to pitch. Startups can also book a startup demo table to get your pitch, pitch perfect, and to gain exposure to everyone in attendance at the festival.
Note: The Apply to Pitch nomination process is now closed!
This may be the most international festival yet! We’ve received over 150 submissions from 40 cities around the world. Check out where our applicants are from:
Last year we ran a successful Starving Startup and Startup Patron program. When a generous person purchases a Patron ticket, not only do they get full access to the event but a ticket also goes to a Starving Startup so that they can attend free of charge! We get quite a bit more Starving Startups applying for the program than we get Patrons, but we assure you we try our best to accommodate as many startups as possible. If you’re funded and can afford to pay for your ticket, please do not fill out the application below. You should only apply if you truly can’t afford it. The list of Starving Startups will be presented to the patrons the week before the event, and only a select group will get in for free. All others will have to purchase a ticket (unfortunately if you wait to hear and you don’t get selected you’ll probably pay more for your ticket then).
Starving Startups nominations coming soon