The 14 Startups selected to pitch @startupfest are…
Today, the International Startup Festival, in collaboration with Microsoft BizSpark, has announced the 14 deserving startups selected to pitch on the main stages at the event. For those of you who don’t know about the International Startup Festival, it’s a three-day conference focused on—as the title indicates—the business of startups. Intent on giving participating entrepreneurs and startups a memorable experience, the festival not only makes sure the event is a blast to attend but it also provides participants with a plethora of activities and things to do in the Montreal area.
But what does it mean to be one of the 14 startups selected from over 150 applicants (from 40 cities in 11 countries)? As one of the chosen startups, they will have the chance to present their companies on stage to an audience; each startup gets 5 minutes with a short Q&A session. Presenting at the festival is a huge opportunity for these companies to gain international attention ranging from the media, investors, partners, clients and more! This year the International Startup Festival is pleased to announce that Canadian, US, Israeli and Australian startups will have the chance to present.
Meet this year’s chosen few!
- FixMeStick, Montreal
- Hookflash, Calgary/Vancouver/Serbia
- Openera, Ottawa
- Rompr, Tel Aviv
- Storypanda, Vancouver
- Switchcam, San Francisco
- Tawkon, Tel Aviv
- CoupleWise, New York / Chile
- Gas Smart Pty Ltd., Brisbane
- Panafold, Palo Alto
- XYZ Interactive Technologies Inc., Toronto
- Rocketr, Toronto
- UrbanOrca, Montrea
- Winner of the $50,000 investment prize
There will still be plenty of opportunities for those who weren’t selected or didn’t apply to pitch to pitch and promote themselves at the event:
- Elevator Pitches: startups will be able to pitch in, well, a real elevator. Participants will have the duration of the elevator trip to convince mentors and investors to take interest in their startup. Elevator pitches will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Demo Tables: there will be 20 demo tables available at the event. Each purchase of a demo table spot will come with tickets to the event.
- Angel and VC Tent: We will have tents setup on site for Startups to meet investors one-on-one. Details will follow shortly.
- $50,000 Investment Prize: Any Startup present and badged for the event has a chance to pitch and win this investment prize.
The top elevator pitches and demo table pitches will win a spot onstage at the big event. In addition, the International Startup Festival is providing attendees with a variety of opportunities to win prizes! Some of the categories, ranging from serious to fun, include: best, funniest, grandmother friendliest, most likely to interest a teenager etc.
Congratulations to the 14 “Chosen”! And don’t forget to register.